Heartland Payment Systems - If Heartland Approaches you be very cautious. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"If Heartland Approaches you be very cautious."

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Endorsed by Nat. Rest Association.

Cons

Recently Heartland approached me about working for them. They fussed for 1.5 months of the $1000 per week draw that ended in 6 months that I needed to live on until I got the territory up and running, but bragged that I would be making upwards of 10K per month with in a year. This was all before I even began my "initiation" process. They have this "initiation" 2 week period, called Jump Start that you work for minimum wage, supply them with 20 strong contacts and 4 referral partners. They expect you to QUIT your current job and dedicate everything to Heartland even though you will NOT get a JOB offer unless everything is done "exactly" perfect per Heartland during the initiation "Jump Start" period. You will have to supply minimum of 10 strong appoints to them. They will ask you to put their name on your car insurance during this period too. You will go through this "initiation" process with NO Training on their computer system ATLAS, NO Nothing about the products and have to be totally dependent on your Manager because you have to take them on your first 20 appointments. You will hear words like Transparent, Honest, Ethical and Character be very cautious. Your will have to sign a Jump Start Contract. Durning my Jump Start the Manager tried to Re Negotiate my pay, Codes were NOT supplied to me the first day of Jump Start but 4 days later inhibiting my ability to achieve any timely success, Management has NO sense of urgency of your success.

Advice to Management

Quit looking for Qualified, Quality Sales Consultants and hire inferior unexperienced beginners.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"False promises regarding training and compensation"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of your schedule,and a needed product, Set your own hours, straight commission deal only, no cap on income.

Cons

No salary, no expenses reimbursement, market is saturated with competitors and poor reputation, Commissions unfairly cut to pay association endorsement fees that are not even relevant to the sale.

Advice to Management

Train more effectively, offer a salary for the first few months while the pipeline is built.

2. "Heartland is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Plano, TX

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, a lot of growth opportunities.

Cons

So far, no cons for this company.