Heartland Payment Systems - Twice the management and reporting for half of the pay! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Twice the management and reporting for half of the pay!"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Kansas City, KS
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good tools available for sales.

Cons

Industry low residuals, sales reps pay for the sacred endorsements, micro management. My district manager was not helpful and encouraged me to do some unethical things so I/we would get our beloved WIN. No real differentiators, just more expectations to boost stock value.

Advice to Management

Don't lie. Take an actual, genuine interest in your reps success and well being. Maybe actually help them sell/close deals.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Not worth bothering"

Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is big on integrity and up front pricing. Atlas is a great tool once you learn how to utilize it! The annual conference was fun if you can make it you should go. It's the only free thing this company will ever give you.

Cons

I worked for World Pay before I started with Heartland and made a lot more money. Quotas were sort of ridiculous because of the short sales cycle. No reimbursements for gas or expenses. You have to purchase sales materials like sample gift cards. I wasted so much money working for Heartland. I'm spoiled because I came from a media background with Yellow Book and they provided me with a base pay, reimbursements and great commissions.

Advice to Management

Stop the micromanagement! Consider a base pay! Or at least sales leads!

"Run for your life! Don't work here!"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

The Technology network has lots of definitions.

Cons

They make you think they are on top of the technology. Their products & services are dated! Their products most of the time do not/cannot interface with the majority of the businesses internal computer software products they have purchased specifically for their system, ie. POS systems or banks. They leave you in the cold and tell the Relationship Manager sales person; it's your problem. Therefore, 98% of the businesses (minus nail salons and small mom & pop restaurants) you go into are "not" a "qualified" customers. The numbers game here is in the hundreds. The process is very lengthy from every direction and you might not get paid! It takes a long time to push through, must fanigle most transactions to get it pushed to install!, wheeling and dealing of machines on the side from a service stand point, and to running around to get a prepaid card to make the first transaction ($25 gift card, sales person pays). And they have a very large quota. Good Luck!!