Heartland Payment Systems - Relationship Mgr. - Responsible for sales of credit card processing and companies payroll | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Relationship Mgr. - Responsible for sales of credit card processing and companies payroll"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Service, Range of products, pricing control.

Cons

Full commission, very price competitive.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Former Account Manager"

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefit and good company online training/manual system.
    Well trained call center members.

Cons

The company changed the compensation plan about 3 times during my employment.
    Some DM-sales were very arrogant treating Account Managers as their employees instead of their CO workers. Also pushing AM-formerly Servicing managers to sell the products, getting much less commission than sales reps, would push away many of your talented Account Managers away.

Advice to Management

It's a well established company, but changing compensation plan several times a year wouldn't keep your good employees. Plus, please audit some of your sales reps and DM how they sell the products to the merchants for QA.

"RUN VERY QUICKLY!"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They make you believe it is wonderful.

Cons

When I began working for HPS, I was recruited I'm a small to medium sized very clicking community that HPS had never been able to gain market penetration. I was a native and insider that busted the market open for HPS. After a flagrant human resource violation, I was abandoned and I quickly discovered that negative paychecks were very real! I had many weeks that I received negative pay for true-ups because of a bad economy and closing businesses. These people love you when you are doing well, and will steal you blind on the back side!

Advice to Management

Learn the value of people that make you money! Because you have a legal department does not mean is is moral nor ethical to use it against those you have destroyed!