Heartland Payment Systems - Heartland Payment Systems | Glassdoor

"Heartland Payment Systems"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Heartland for over 8 years. My career has been wonderful and challenging. Have created wealth for my family and my future. Have the opportunity to continue to do the same. The sales position is structured for individuals who have a STRONG work ethic, integrity and persistence. An attitude of doing whatever is necessary (ethically + professionally) and never quit.

Heartland training is on-going.....if you have the focus and desire to learn. It will not be spoon fed. The training modules and all support are available to those who are interested. It is up to the individual.

Whining and excuses are not acceptable if you are determined to earn a big income, help businesses and run your own business. It all comes back to personal accountability.

Cons

Micro management is prevelant at Heartland. I agree that the managers should get into the field more often. "Get their hands dirty" as one of the reveiwers wrote.

My advice for a serious sales professional: Put your head down, take a moment to definitely commit yourself, NEVER look back, failure is not an option. Take total responsibility for your actions, communications and results. I put this comment in CONS because there are too many folks that truly cannot handle this responsibility.

Advice to Management

Management--truthful answers: 1. Can you still SELL in today's environment with someone (your manager) breathing down your neck every minute of the day? 2. Are you hiring children that you have to babysit or professional adults that deserve your respect?

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Save Up Before Taking This Job!"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good incentive trips. Nice range of products. Great online resource for training, information. Fantastic CRM tool. Good service center in Jville. Comp plan is great in theory.

Cons

Once you're out of your initial training, you're pretty much on your own. If you struggle all you hear are other ridiculously extreme cases of people getting their WIN. The comp plan is great until you start losing accounts in the cut throat credit card processing world. Then your signing bonus is taken back. Mgmt encourages two coffee dates a week and participating in BNIs, chambers but all expenses are paid from your pocket.

Advice to Management

Let RMs know when accounts stop processing so they have an opportunity to win those accounts back.
    Stop pressuring managers to hire when they have other reps who are struggling and need their help.
    Make better pay for Beta products or hire reps who only concentrate on new market integration.
    The culture taught is great but its not practiced by most management.

"Good to Fair benefits"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Good location

Cons

chaotic environment. Lack of privacy

Advice to Management

Pay attention and value your people and their contributions