Heartland Payment Systems - Good to Fair benefits | Glassdoor

"Good to Fair benefits"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Good location

Cons

chaotic environment. Lack of privacy

Advice to Management

Pay attention and value your people and their contributions

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lifetime residuals if you get vested

Cons

Sales personal are treated like a necessary evil. If a customer leaves within the first 12 months on credit card for any reason, you get nearly all your commission reversed. Same applies with payroll except it's closer to 14 months. Micro-management out the wazoo towards the end basically eliminated the only real benefit of working here which was that you can set your own schedule - was "mandated" to work on Saturdays if behind on 30% higher quota. Spent some time as a manager and got a first-hand glimpse of how little management there knows. I guess the worst is how proud management seem to be when the majority of sales people who work here are openly unhappy.

Advice to Management

None. They don't care about sales people - no matter how much they want to tell you they do.

"DO NOT waste your time unless you want to be run over and kicked to the curb."

Pros

maybe the ability to be able...

Cons

Where to start. I thought about this for a few days and went back and forth trying to see if this was really worth it. I decided to take a chance and go with them. Went rounds about what was needed even prior to getting a job with them and in the end, what a waste of time. They gave me the run around, the you need to make a decision today or nothing can happen,or maybe it was the bashing by management too. They want you to work for them and leave what you are doing so you can make appointments and possibly make money or even have a job. I was all in and made sure before I left my current position that I would have a position and per the upper management, as he said, "yes you will. Just get here and we will make sure you succeed..." What a joke. On top of that, communication is very limited. Should have taken the hint when I asked to go on a call with them to find out what the day is like, see the presentations and really get a feel for it... but as you would think that would be a a loud NO. If you do not call them they will not call you even though you are still working and don't really have all the time to make a call to say hi during your day. But can send emails and text msgs to make sure you know they are pissed. I was actually excited about moving on and coming to this organization even though I have hear a lot of negative reviews, but guess I should have went with my gut. Take a step back and think about if you want to be micro managed by a group that could care less about you and your family needs.

Advice to Management

Listen to your messages and call people back and maybe drop the attitude as you are not the highest of all. Drop the attitude and comments too.