Heartland Payment Systems - Paid Well for the Effort You Put In | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Paid Well for the Effort You Put In"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

The skies the limit on your income. You work hard and you are paid well. Where else can you give yourself a raise every day. Statistics show that women are paid 20% less than a male with equal qualifications. Not here. I love that no one is dictating my worth and that I don’t have to go through performance reviews for a 5% raise. After my first 6 months I increased my pay by 25% and this year I’m already up by and additional 30%. I expect that to grow as I am much more comfortable in my position and presenting the Heartland Difference. Did I mention that this career allows me to have a very flexible schedule to reach other personal goals. It took a while but Heartland has provided me with training the really works – Seattle 23 was awesome!

Cons

Yup there are some cons just like in any career. But what may be a con to one person is not so bad for another.
 It’s was a rough road getting started. My TM was put in the TM role before they were really ready so I didn’t find much support there.
However my DM was fabulous! Training has since changed for the better.
It is stressful to be in a straight commission career so think about this seriously and if you have a back up for money while you’re working your way to a 6 figure income. I was stressed out over money for the first 6 months but now I am making more than any previous positions.
Hummm – yes equipment costs are a bit TOO high. And sometimes the Service Center lacks knowledge so I hang up and call again.

It's not a career for everyone so only the self motivated, high energy, dedicated, and authentic need apply.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"I've been employed by HPS for 6 years and will never work anywhere else!!"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Freedom, compensation, integrity, customer service, management style and long-term wealth.

Cons

You need to be a very personable, driven and self motivated person to succeed in this position.

2. "Very Fullfilling"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Ville Platte, LA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Ville Platte, LA

Pros

Excellent multi-products to sell
    Excellent training on knowledge network
    Fulfillment achieved by building a portfolio of business at a local level
    Fully vested residual income

Cons

Sometimes new rules of selling techniques are instituted on a national level because of a high level of success in one part of the country, but these techniques do not necessarily work universally.

Advice to Management

The Winners Edge Enrollment Masters Workshop is probably one of the best training that has been instituted. Continue using this training for all new hires