Heartland Payment Systems - Heartland is a great company if you are looking for a careet, not a job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

"Heartland is a great company if you are looking for a careet, not a job."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Our merchants/clients are treated fair and with honesty. I can sleep at night because I know I am doing the right thing for my merchants and the company.
Great compensation, flexible schedule and hours, and I get a 401(K) and health benefits.
The on-going, long term residuals on top of commissions help build wealth and retirement.

Cons

Sometimes Heartland introduces technological improvements before they are fully tested. We should remember that changes should benefit the merchant more than they benefit Heartland.

Advice to Management

REmember that the sales force drives the business, not the stockholders. Keep the sales force happy and they will continue to produce.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

1. "Best opportunity I have ever been exposed to. I love it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros

The ability to build your career in what ever market you prefer. The limitless growth potential in advancement and income. The best offering for the merchants in the industry. Never have to feel like I have not done the best for the merchants I enroll.

Cons

All negatives would seem trivial compared to the opportunity. I would say if this was an Idea box....Maybe a different plan for smaller merchants under 50,000? But I still have great success with our distinctions to offset and price issue.

Advice to Management

Keep building a company of top performers. I believe we are on the right path! Don't go back to the old way of recruiting! If we find true top performers they will recongnize the value and benifits Heartland brings and we will find that in Entrepreneur type candidates. With great work ethics. All ney sayers probably do not have those qualities.

2. "The best job of my entire sales career!"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

It offers vry good pay and the opportunity to build personal wealths. We have excellant leadership and the opportunity to advance. I love the flexibility in scheduling my work time and we are well respected as an industry leader, even by our competitors.

Cons

It challenges my time management skills. I love the work and i have to force myself to take needed time off.

Advice to Management

I have learned so much from my current supervisor and I have complete confidence in Bob Carr to lead this company. He is not afraid to change directions is something is not working and find a solution. He has the best interest of our customers and of his employees at heart on every decision he makes.