Heartland Payment Systems - 10 years going strong | Glassdoor

"10 years going strong"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

You can look ALL your clients in the eye and shake their hand, knowing that you have created a win-win relationship. I enjoy the freedom of setting my own schedule and limited travels. The commision-based comp plan provides limitless opportunity for income growth. Heartlander's are a family who care about eachother, sharing ideas that make everyone successful.

Cons

I wished HPS would cover more RM/TM expenses to allow them to keep up with technology trends in the field.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

1. "The hardest, most challenging, but best job I have ever had!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Naples, FL

Pros

At the end of the day, I can put my head down on my pillow and know that I have told nothing but the truth that day about this business and about Heartland to my prospects, clients, and friends. It makes for a sound rest.

Cons

It's a very hard job: There is so much to keep up on as the industry can literally change from one hour to the next. That's what makes the infrastructure of knowledge and information transfer so crucial. Heartland has that infrastructure which helps to mitigate how hard this job is.

Advice to Management

Management, myself included, must alwasy remember what it was like when they went on that first apptointment and to keep a high level of compassion as to how difficult this job can be.

2. "I've been with Heartland since the last millennium, and I've appreciated the opportunity and integrity that's promoted."

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Janesville, WI

Pros

The ability to be an employee and work from home is appealing. A prestigious brand industry. The opportunity to build a personal portfolio. A fair compensation plan with residual income. Integrity through out the company that starts at the (very) top. The very best, most knowledgeable, congenial, customer service center in the industry. Great technology, for the card industry.

Cons

HPS has had a history or rolling out products or services before market ready has caused challenges in the field. I've had 13 supervisors in 13 yrs, with as many different 'correct' ways to do things- although they now are approaching their best selling niche. Even though you're an employee, you are on your own for virtually all expenses. Some management levels (Regional Directors) have been the financial beneficiaries of the hard work of others, while (some) contribute the least.

Advice to Management

All things considered--'stay the course'. It's not a perfect company, just a very good one that's getting better all the time.