HelpSystems - Lots of Industry Consolidation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HelpSystems

"Lots of Industry Consolidation"

I worked at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Its a great company to work for if you work at HQ in Eden Prairie MN. They seemed to have a great culture there.

Cons

Help/Systems has purchased more than a half dozen smaller software companies over the last several years. Sadly, Help/Systems has decided to let almost every employee go from all of the companies that they decide to purchase.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the employees at the companies you are buying up. If you are going to lay off all of the employees, that is fine, but dont host a company meeting in which you say "nothing is going to change" and then a month later come back and let a large portion of the work force go.

Other Employee Reviews for HelpSystems

1. "It's refreshing to see such an honest, transparent company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership - open communication lines, honest information with no BS
    Excellent culture - fun, casual environment with genuine people who are welcoming and passionate about what they do

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any at the moment. I am on cloud nine since starting here. It's a huge improvement in culture and morale from other tech companies I've been at.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - putting people at the forefront and allowing everyone to have a voice is critical to success.

HelpSystems Response

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Thanks!! We have awesome employees so a big part of our job is just to get out of the way and let them do their thing.

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful culture and people to work with, growing with very skilled / experienced leadership.
    Competitive benefits with some great extra fringe benefits, and the people within the company have a history of giving back to the community and doing fun events throughout the year.

Cons

As an account manager, it may be difficult to grow within the organization very quickly. Many of the people in this role have been doing the same role for many years.

HelpSystems Response

Feb 20, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We have promoted account managers in recent years into other areas such as sales so please continue the dialog with your manager on your future career thoughts. We have a ... More