Helzberg Diamonds - Helzberg Diamonds - All Star Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

"Helzberg Diamonds - All Star Company"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

Helzberg Diamonds has; with out a doubt, the best leadership training program I have ever seen. I have had the opportunity to work with some very talented people over the years, but I can say without hesitation, the quality of the people "top to bottom" at Helzberg is All-Star quality. One particular training module that sticks out was their "Performance Problem Solving" session. While the core principles of this program were very basic, understanding how to consistently apply the skills learned in a very logical sequence was huge for me. In fact, I now train other retailers across the country on addressing performance problems.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Utilize available technology to accurately measure traffic and conversion rates

Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

1. "Good part-time job while going to school, but not for long term employment."

Former Employee - Office Associate in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Office Associate in Wichita, KS

Pros

Good benifits and pay. Some of the employees are pleasent to work with.

Cons

Managment was poor. Employees were not treated respectfully. Company did not treat employees as people, only numbers. Retail hours and you don't see your family around the Holidays.

Advice to Management

Employees will work more effectifly and will be more willing to work hard when treated like human beings.

"Family"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generous vacation, discount, compensation, and individual development, and education. Helzberg values its people and promotes from within. Strong culture and debt free so there is security.

Cons

They are not trying to be the biggest but rather the best. People stay so the opportunities to move up can be limited if your not willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate, but give yourself a safety net. Consider training customer care associates in stores. Remove programs that create frustration in stores and take away from customer experience.