Helzberg Diamonds - Absolutely one of the most positive experiences in my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

"Absolutely one of the most positive experiences in my life"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

compensated for your good work, which is easily tracked by how much you sale. Your pay is directly linked to sales production. You also have easy access to upper management. Both the VP of the company and the CEO have visited the store.

Cons

i have no negatives of the company

Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

1. "Sounded good but didn't pan out"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful jewelry styles that is offered at a great price to the customer. Wonderful warranty.

Cons

You are measured on so many different things even of you are excelling they will still find something you are failing in. Don't be fooled by the commission structure. I took the job being told I would easily be able to sell a certain amount and I have no idea how that would be possible based off the numbers I've now seem from last year. Bad policies especially around turning over sales. You are expected to split most sales which makes it very had to get to your sales goal. If I was a customer and someone turned me over to someone else or another employee just walked in I would be furious and leave.

Advice to Management

Have faith in your staff. Don't assume they can't sell and therefore have to walk into sales or turn them over. Also, start at a higher base hourly rate

"Was great for awhile- when the recession hit, it turned into every other Mall Jeweler."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It used to be training- they're even kind of junking that aspect of the Company. Ummm, we're owned by Berkshire Hathaway, so it's unlikely the company will be sold to someone who will dismantle it.

Cons

Used to have a pretty awesome profit-sharing in your 401k, but that was taken away. Used to have an awesome commission structure where if you sold a $4K ring, you could get $60 OUT OF THE REGISTER the next day, but that was taken away- replaced by an impossible commission structure where pretty much HALF your commission is reached when your STORE meets it's goal, which happens HALF the time, if you happen to be in a good store. Regional Managers routinely instruct store managers to issue "written corrective" reports to "shake up" a store. Decade-long employees are pressured into leaving, NEVER " fired" at a whim, with no regard to loyalty whatsoever. Store Managers are under INTENSE pressure- I went through 5 in the 8 years I was with the company. All of them were pretty much miserable, and some of that pressure can travel downhill. OK, most of it.

Advice to Management

So now that Helzberg has been transformed into Zales, without the advertising, now what?