Helzberg Diamonds - Absolutely horrible | Glassdoor

"Absolutely horrible"

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time

Pros

Pretty good bridal merchandise; loose diamonds, etc.

Cons

They fail to tell you this during your interview, but the more you make per hour here, the more you have to sell per hour. It's better to make less per hour to not have to deal with the stress of always feeling like you're going to be fired. Also, this company is EXTREMELY DISORGAINIZED, every time there is an event or promotion nobody in upper management or home office can decide how they want the event run, down to the smallest detail. Complete lack of communication on everyone's part. Finally, very unfair in how they treat ALL employees. The 'top dog' is put on a pedastal and continues to be number one if it kills him/her; they will do just about ANYTHING to stay on top, which is totally accepted by management and encouraged.

Advice to Management

Be more organized, work smart, not hard. If there is a meeting, make it worthwhile, treat your salespeople like adults instead of children that need their hand held.

Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

1. "Absolutely one of the most positive experiences in my life"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

compensated for your good work, which is easily tracked by how much you sale. Your pay is directly linked to sales production. You also have easy access to upper management. Both the VP of the company and the CEO have visited the store.

Cons

i have no negatives of the company

2. "Sounded good but didn't pan out"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful jewelry styles that is offered at a great price to the customer. Wonderful warranty.

Cons

You are measured on so many different things even of you are excelling they will still find something you are failing in. Don't be fooled by the commission structure. I took the job being told I would easily be able to sell a certain amount and I have no idea how that would be possible based off the numbers I've now seem from last year. Bad policies especially around turning over sales. You are expected to split most sales which makes it very had to get to your sales goal. If I was a customer and someone turned me over to someone else or another employee just walked in I would be furious and leave.

Advice to Management

Have faith in your staff. Don't assume they can't sell and therefore have to walk into sales or turn them over. Also, start at a higher base hourly rate