Helzberg Diamonds - The worst three years of my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

"The worst three years of my life"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in McLean, VA

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers, training through GIA, of course the discounts on jewelry is nice, and it was always nice when we would get free jewelry (the cheap stuff)....

Cons

Career advancement is unheard of. You have a monthly evaluation on your sales. People regularly steal sales, the managers never listen because they don't want to be the bad guy. Associates regularly make fun of people that come into the store. They bash other competitors and claim to have high morals, ethics, and integrity. They claim to not have sales but have them every couple of months. The quality of merchandise has gone downhill. You never ever get a weekend off. It is out of the question...

Advice to Management

You need to appreciate the associates you have. Don't tell them they are doing well after they quit... Tell them while they are still there and somewhat happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

1. "Wonderful employees. Great Company to work for."

Former Employee - Office Manager in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager in El Paso, TX

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regional meetings were fun. Pay was good compared to the economy in my city. Not too much pressure on sales floor. Very ethical company. Employees are loyal to the company and in hind sight I wish I had stayed.

Cons

Hours for retail and store manager was an issue. Regional manager supported her no matter how many complaints were made from employees. This is part of the reason I left. She was behaving in an unethical manner and no matter how many complained, she was never reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. They are on the front line and know what makes the store run in the best manner.

"Very disappointed with the company"

Current Employee - Office Associate in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Office Associate in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good discounts on jewelry, and coworkers are nice to work with

Cons

Very unprofessional management, lied about the pay during the interview there's no training and a huge gap between the 10+ experienced employees/management and the new employees. There's very obvious favoritism with management, overall very high stress for a low paying job.

Advice to Management

Take time to give your employees real training and try to treat everyone fairly.