Hendrickson International - You will be expected to do the work of 3 people who are 2 pay grades above you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hendrickson International

"You will be expected to do the work of 3 people who are 2 pay grades above you."

Pros

The compensation package is very competetive for the area. In general, the company provides a good working environment and employees are treated well as a general policy. There is no mandatory overtime, but in good economic climates, overtime is plentiful (assuming your salary grade is paid overtime). The company (in it's current incarnation) started with an attitude towards providing top of the line products to our market.

Cons

Although they represent themselves as providing top notch products, attention to detail, product quality and service to customers has declined each year. Training of new employees or those transfering to new positions is almost non existent. People are thrown into thier jobs and expected to pick it up as they go. Ongoing cost cutting measures have compromised product quality. Emphasis on production quotas are ever-increasing, and seem to be the only thing that matters to top management and all the way down the chain. The company has become very "compartmentalized" with little or no cooperation between departments.

Advice to Management

Return to the emphasis on using quality materials to manufacture a good product. Truly support and encourage a good training program, not just give it lip service. Productions goals are important, but balance that with healthy scrap, rework and defect PPM goals (in reality, not just pencil whipped). Reevalute the criteria for internal promotions and career oppurtunities for employees who have proven themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Hendrickson International

1. "Very good work environment. Small group on my shift. Only reason I left was yo join military"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Kendallville, IN
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Kendallville, IN

I worked at Hendrickson International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small group environment and everyone helped when I first started. Overtime was available but not mandatory like my previous job.

Cons

I did not have any cons, I was a full time college student and working second shift and and supervisor was supportive.

2. "Manufacturing Engineer"

Current Intern - Manufacturing Intern in Joliet, IL
    Current Intern - Manufacturing Intern in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Hendrickson International as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Entrusting and very friendly management. Quality products with good demand.

Cons

Quality of projects are not always good. Progressing towards the automotive standards but still aren't there yet.

Advice to Management

Need to increase the product category.