Hendrickson - You will be expected to do the work of 3 people who are 2 pay grades above you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hendrickson

"You will be expected to do the work of 3 people who are 2 pay grades above you."

Pros

The compensation package is very competetive for the area. In general, the company provides a good working environment and employees are treated well as a general policy. There is no mandatory overtime, but in good economic climates, overtime is plentiful (assuming your salary grade is paid overtime). The company (in it's current incarnation) started with an attitude towards providing top of the line products to our market.

Cons

Although they represent themselves as providing top notch products, attention to detail, product quality and service to customers has declined each year. Training of new employees or those transfering to new positions is almost non existent. People are thrown into thier jobs and expected to pick it up as they go. Ongoing cost cutting measures have compromised product quality. Emphasis on production quotas are ever-increasing, and seem to be the only thing that matters to top management and all the way down the chain. The company has become very "compartmentalized" with little or no cooperation between departments.

Advice to Management

Return to the emphasis on using quality materials to manufacture a good product. Truly support and encourage a good training program, not just give it lip service. Productions goals are important, but balance that with healthy scrap, rework and defect PPM goals (in reality, not just pencil whipped). Reevalute the criteria for internal promotions and career oppurtunities for employees who have proven themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Hendrickson

"Mfg. Engineer"

I have been working at Hendrickson full-time

Pros

People are very nice and welcoming.

Cons

High stress levels and ever changing projects with heavy work load.

2. "Good Company, Bad Location"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Hendrickson as an intern

Pros

Company seems to care about employees, offers good benefits

Cons

division i was at was boring and every day dragged

Hendrickson Response

Oct 23, 2017 – HR Manager

We truly do care about our employees and glad you had an opportunity to intern with us. We wish you nothing but the best as you move on with your career and hope you find a job you love.