Henry Ford Health System - It's all in who you know | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Henry Ford Health System

"It's all in who you know"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexable schedule depending on who you work under everyone is different

Cons

Discrimating, very hard to advance, liars, health benefits

Advice to Management

It's all in who you know and if they like you and have a PHD

Other Employee Reviews for Henry Ford Health System

"Team-centered work environment excellent but pay decreasing"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Bloomfield, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in West Bloomfield, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great, work flow between disciplines is super, beautiful facility at West Bloomfield

Cons

Bonuses being stripped one by one. Midnight bonuses done away with, then weekend cadre bonuses stripped. What's the incentive to work weekends or midnights? Then, hospital spends ridiculous amounts of money on useless things like a greenhouse... Really?

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to what employees are suggesting. Start being more competitive in wages... There are a lot of other hospitals out there. I got two interviews at other hospitals lined up for this coming week... And I only put in apps 4 days ago.

2. "I miss it so much!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Henry Ford Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people at HFHS are wonderful. It is the most friendly and collaborative place I've worked. I knew I would miss it, but I didn't know how much. Nancy is a fantastic leader and is so accessible and friendly. They cleared out unnecessary levels of middle management years ago. This is the health system I would turn to if I had a serious illness. Research is top notch. A wonderful corporate environment and very generous Combined Time Off program, even with some cuts in it over the years. A very compassionate and caring place to work.

Cons

The only reasons I had to leave: low salary for skills, lack of opportunity for advancement in my field. It isn't their fault they are financially strapped though. National health care, if not struck down, should help a lot.

Advice to Management

Try to find a way to compensate your employees better to keep the talent. It's a great place to work but people have to be able to pay their bills. Keep weeding out those managers who show top down, micro managing. Some departments are out of control that way, but not most.