Henry Schein - believed in the company until problems with products came up. Corporate support to solve did not exist | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

"believed in the company until problems with products came up. Corporate support to solve did not exist"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Henry Schein full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Community Service, ability build and grow your business

Cons

Large company that has great ideas, but does not consider how to support their employees or resolve problems. Spend first few years learning how to navigate and who to go to that may be able to help you resolve customer issues.

Advice to Management

Review the process of all aspects of business. Too many levels of management with no authority

Other Employee Reviews for Henry Schein

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I rarely have to work more then 40 hours a week and get paid well for my position and years of experience. I really enjoy the people I work with, but like with anywhere your experience definitely depends on your manager and director. Stress level is relatively low most of the time although it kicks up during the times when our department is most busy. We get lunch bought by the company a good amount which is nice when you are super busy.

Cons

I wish I got the opportunity to travel a little whether it would be to satellite offices or to go to seminars/conventions.

Advice to Management

Increase the amount of money allocated to tuition reimbursement.

"Mixed feelings"

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people to work with. Great name in the industry. Great teams at the branch levels. Great products and manufacturer relationships. Decent National Sales Meeting.

Cons

Very outdated internal systems, bordering accient, make it hard to do the job. Fly by the seat of your pants upper management, sales people can get away with anything if they sell.. even just a little bit. Mircomanagement runs ramppant at corporate levels. Adding too many layers of management that mircomanage. No accountability for Sr management. Human resources has zero power to enforce Code of conduct and values

Advice to Management

Hold sales people accountabile for the actions and ethics. Update old technology systems to make records, ordering, research, queries, etc; more timely.