Henry Schein - Individuality | Glassdoor

"Individuality"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY

Pros

Job security and great benefits

Cons

Since large public company, raises & bonuses are limited to almost none, which is very dissappointing since company is very profitable & growing. Employees should be awarded bonuses for their performances.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to get to know their employees more & be aware of each one's performance & capabilities & rate each individual as an individual, not as a group & rate each person's performance the same as a group. Need to be concerned of individuality & not group classification especially when it comes to salary increases. Entire dept should not receive same increase rate, it should be based on each persons' individual merit & not just give all same increase thinking that would be the most fair.

Other Employee Reviews for Henry Schein

1. "Large company with world vision makes you feel like family!"

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Their dedication to community and world needs. The sense of family even though it's a large company. The clients we service and the industry we serve them in. Their ability to continue to stand out in our industry and continue to bring new services and products to the market place for us to share with our clients.

Cons

I have not been thrilled with the medical insurance plan they offer. It varies greatly from the medical coverage I had when I worked for our largest competitor, Patterson Dental. I would really love to see change in this area.

Advice to Management

Review the medical coverage offered to employees. Also, thank you for staying on top of trends in dentistry and making this a great company to be proud of.

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Field Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

Henry Schein is the best company I have ever worked for. I appreciate the flexability that Henry Schein has shown on many different issues that have occured since I have been employed here. Henry Schein consistently strives to make sure that their customers' needs are met, and when a situation calls for it Schein is not affraid to look at new ways of doing things in order to keep their customers happy.
    Many companies talk about "team" and "our people are our greatest asset", but Henry Schein is the first place that I have worked that actually means these things.

Cons

Every company struggles at some level with internal red tape and Henry Schein is no different. At times it can be very challenging to get things done quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!