Henry Schein - Henry Schein needs to get out of the "mom & pop" mentality and back-up the Team Schein spirit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

"Henry Schein needs to get out of the "mom & pop" mentality and back-up the Team Schein spirit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Pros

My immediate boss and team are great and we work well together. We support each other in every way

Cons

Lack of planning, lack of direction, lack of saying no when necessary...stagnant. They constantly say "Team Schein, everyone is equal...senior management and workers are definitely different.

Advice to Management

Think outside the box. Set standards and follow-through with them. Sometimes no is not a bad thing for the company. Plan, plan, plan...

Other Employee Reviews for Henry Schein

"Individuality"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY

Pros

Job security and great benefits

Cons

Since large public company, raises & bonuses are limited to almost none, which is very dissappointing since company is very profitable & growing. Employees should be awarded bonuses for their performances.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to get to know their employees more & be aware of each one's performance & capabilities & rate each individual as an individual, not as a group & rate each person's performance the same as a group. Need to be concerned of individuality & not group classification especially when it comes to salary increases. Entire dept should not receive same increase rate, it should be based on each persons' individual merit & not just give all same increase thinking that would be the most fair.

2. "Large company with world vision makes you feel like family!"

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Their dedication to community and world needs. The sense of family even though it's a large company. The clients we service and the industry we serve them in. Their ability to continue to stand out in our industry and continue to bring new services and products to the market place for us to share with our clients.

Cons

I have not been thrilled with the medical insurance plan they offer. It varies greatly from the medical coverage I had when I worked for our largest competitor, Patterson Dental. I would really love to see change in this area.

Advice to Management

Review the medical coverage offered to employees. Also, thank you for staying on top of trends in dentistry and making this a great company to be proud of.