Heritage Auctions - Working at Heritage catapulted me into a lifelong career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heritage Auctions

"Working at Heritage catapulted me into a lifelong career"

Former Employee - Professional Numismatist in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Professional Numismatist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Heritage Auctions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Heritage in different capacities of the rare coin deparment for three years. At the time, Heritage was a much smaller company. This provided me with a golden opportunity to work closely with management and gain invaluable insight into what makes the rare coin business tick.

I decided to leave Heritage strictly because I wanted to move back closer to family and see if I could make it work on my own. They made it easy to leave on great terms, and it's a decision we've all been happy about ever since. Now, more than 16 years later, we conduct millions in two-way business every year and I remain friends with many people at Heritage. Their upper management has remained unchanged and some of their best employess were there long before I even started in 1993. I even met my wife at Heritage!

Heritage began a period of massive growth starting around 2001. They embraced the internet in its early stages and invested in technology. That has paid off and has allowed them to broaden their scope dramatically. I visit their offices on a regular basis and it has been fun to witness their growth!

Cons

I can't think of a single con about my employment at Heritage.

Other Employee Reviews for Heritage Auctions

1. "The best place I ahve ever worked"

Current Employee - Public Relations Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Public Relations Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Heritage Auctions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, amazing material, brilliant business model, knowledgeable and accessible executive staff, plenty of room to grow and much encouragement to be successful.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say.

2. "Great place to work, fun environment, with huge growth potential."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Heritage Auctions full-time

Pros

Heritage has been transitioning from a small company to an enterprise, which makes for an interesting work environment. Opportunities to create new processes and guide company development at every level make you feel like an entrepreneur. The company encourages feedback and suggestions from all employees and acts on much of what they hear.

Heritage auctions lots of cool and unique items, and its fun for your friends and family to see your company featured in the news.

Cons

Working for a private company means less information about business decisions that affect the employees, although management does try to mitigate this with regular company status updates. The work can be overwhelming and relentless when deadlines are looming.