Heritage Christian Services - Review of my experience so far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Heritage Christian Services

"Review of my experience so far"

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Penfield, NY
Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Penfield, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can have your pick of what to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Free food available in pantry.

Cons

It gets boring really fast. Everyday is the same. It feels more like babysitting than an actual job.

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Heritage Christian Services

1. "Good Company to work for, if you don't mind the low pay"

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Rochester, NY

Pros

- The unique Christian enviroment of the company. Due to the people receiving services being all christians, you accompany them to church, pray before meals, and can talk about God when people are sick or dying.
    -High Values of the company.
    -You get support from supervisors that care not only for the people that you support, but also for their coworkers.

Cons

-You have to do personal care, so you have to be able to change peoples diapers and stand the smell of urine (although you do get used to that for the most part). That is also a reason why some people only work here for a few days.
    - Some days are extremley stressful, because the disabled people that you work with can be stubborn, have behavior problems, can't communicate or are ill.
    -low pay considering what you have to do, but more than most other companies pay for the same job.

Advice to Management

1.Have a seminar on how to confront coworkers about the little mistakes they make and how they can improve. Reason: I find we are very well trained on how to report abuse and serious things, but coworkers have a hard time communicating about the little things that borther them about their coworkers. For example when someone is a little lazy, forgets to do their chores, or is coming late to work.
    2. I work at Respite and since there is always a different mix of people here, some days are relatively easy (30%), most are quite demanding (50%), but the rest are down right mad (20%). While 80% of the time the people that are working can handle the work load with the staff that is there, sometimes it is just to much to do and we only seem to be able to do the minimum. Especially going on outings is rarly possible. So it would be great to hire someone that is working on-call, that we can call if things are getting crazy.

2. "Love the job, could use more per hour"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Respect for staff, great coworkers, very rewarding job. Working residential, we have endless possibilities for where we can go with the individuals and not have to stay in the house every day. Yearly bonuses and raises are great, too

Cons

Low pay, can be very physical work depending on the house, no weekend/ overnight/holiday pay differential

Advice to Management

Try to live on DSP pay... can we get a bigger raise?