Herman Miller - Just not the right industry for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller
There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

See Most Recent

"Just not the right industry for me"

StarStarStarStarStar
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
Approves of CEO

Pros

Very reputable company. People are treated with respect, and dignity. The present times that we are looking at leads to a great sense of teamwork and pride in the job well done. When the economy turns around We as a company will be in great financial shape and still have that sense of pride and determination to satisfy our customers with whatever it takes.
Its always nice being employed by the 800 lb gorilla in the room. People recognize Herman Miller and give the company the respect it deserves. Also just by being a Herman Miller Rep you can attract business.

Cons

More overtime than you know what to do with, management doesn't like to give credit where credit is due.
If you have an idea that achieves a particular goal, management treats you like its part of the job and most of the time a thank you is not even considered. Career advancement is an actual problem because Middle Management gets good people in the positions that they want them in and you kinda get "stuck".
Communications are on a once a month basis With Middle management , and once a quarter with someone in a Senior management position. These comunications relate to little more than Management speak for "we are in good shape".

Advice to Management

Well done....i have no hard feelings it just wasnt the job for me.

Other Employee Reviews for Herman Miller

  1. "Außerordentlich komplexe Unternehmenskultur"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Herman Miller full-time (More than 10 years)

    (Translated from English)

    Pros

    Sehr fordernd. Voller Arbeitseinsatz ist auf fast allen Ebenen eine Voraussetzung, nicht nur eine Option. Kompetente Geschäftsleitung, die "Diener-Führung" zu einem signifikanten Ausmaß verstehen. Die Firma konzentriert sich genauso so sehr auf Ziel (weniger gut definiert/ messbare Wünsche und Bedingungen, die sie als Teil "der Reise" haben wollen) wie auf harte Ziele. Gut & lebhaft geleitet auch aus einer Perspektive der finanziellen Ziele. Im Vergleich zu einigen anderen Organisationen, für die ich seitdem gearbeitet habe, unglaublich anders...

    Cons

    Wie immer nutzen auch hier ein paar Zyniker das aufgeschlossene Betriebsklima, um es sich bequem zu machen. Überraschenderweise kommt die offene Atmosphäre nicht bei jedem gut an. So mancher wird dadurch nervös oder sogar ein bisschen paranoid...

    Advice to Management

    Achten Sie weiterhin auf die Wurzeln! Die DuPrees wussten, was sie vor all diesen Jahren gemacht haben...


  2. "Great Place to work!"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Herman Miller full-time (More than 5 years)

    Pros

    Independent Sales Role
    Manage your own time.
    Great corporate resources and benefits
    Global Reach

    Cons

    Leadership changes frequently
    Difficult to create change at such a large and long standing organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller
There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

See Most Recent

Work at Herman Miller? Share Your Experiences

Herman Miller
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or