Herman Miller - Herman Miller is still a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

"Herman Miller is still a great place to work"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

They truly value people and are one the the classiest organizations I have ever worked for. They manufacture very high quality, however the furniture industry has unfortunately become extremely "commoditized".

Cons

They are going through a very difficult transition period trying to figure out where to go and what to do next. They are very "bean counter" driven at this point with not a single executive with a sales background and they are unfortunately losing their identity.

Advice to Management

Get sales leader on the Executive Leadership team. You are about to have a major brain drain - especially with your very disgruntled Strategic Account Management Team.

Other Employee Reviews for Herman Miller

"Herman Miller"

Current Employee - Production Planner in Spring Lake, MI
    Current Employee - Production Planner in Spring Lake, MI

Pros

good pay
    exceptional corporate culture
    environmentally conscience

Cons

discriminates on age
    mandatory overtime
    poor management

Advice to Management

treat older employees fair when downsizing

2. "A strong Company in a weak economy."

Current Employee - Technical Machine Operator in Spring Lake, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Machine Operator in Spring Lake, MI

Pros

People are treated with respect, and dignity. The present times that we are looking at leads to a great sense of teamwork and pride in the job well done. When the economy turns around We as a company will be in great financial shape and still have that sense of pride and determination to satisfy our customers with whatever it takes.
    Safety and Quality are our number one priority, while being a key player in the office furniture industry.
    We are ISO registered for quality and environmental, While also participating in State programs for safety.
    All of this leads to a great working family.

Cons

More overtime than you know what to do with, management doesn't like to give credit where credit is due.
    If you have an idea that achieves a particular goal, management treats you like its part of the job and most of the time a thank you is not even considered. Career advancement is an actual problem because Middle Management gets good people in the positions that they want them in and you kinda get "stuck".
    Communications are on a once a month basis With Middle management , and once a quarter with someone in a Senior management position. These comunications relate to little more than Management speak for "we are in good shape".

Advice to Management

Great job on guideing this company through a very rough economy, and setting us up for success in the future.