Hersha Hospitality Trust - Area Director of Revenue Management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality Trust

"Area Director of Revenue Management"

Former Employee - Area Director of Revenue Management in New York, NY
Former Employee - Area Director of Revenue Management in New York, NY

I worked at Hersha Hospitality Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

best reasons to work here...none

Cons

Corporate office is unorganized and does not know anything about managing people much less hotels. They are a law suit waiting to happen. Never have I seen managers act in such a manner that is despairingly illegal. HR and VP's are a joke! This company is the worst I have ever seen or been anywhere near! I would not let my worst enemy work here! The managers at their hotels are hostile and demeaning to their employees as well as people in the corporate office. The VP's in the Philadelphia office are also demeaning to the employees. There is no communication, no morale report with the managers. This is a sweat shop for hotel workers. The door is constantly revolving!

Advice to Management

This company needs to get real managers. People who know how to actually manage others and keep morale up. They need to learn how to be a real company! Buying dozens of hotels doesn't make you a good company, it is the employees that you have who stay- no one stays here...says a lot about the company!

Other Employee Reviews for Hersha Hospitality Trust

1. "Good learning experience"

Former Employee - Food & Beverage Server in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Food & Beverage Server in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Hersha Hospitality Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Good company core values that works in the best interest of excellent guest service and great guest satisfaction. Overall good potential for internal promoting.

Cons

Benefits and pay aren't that great

"I worked here for one year and left. Do not recommend this company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Hersha Hospitality Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There dont seem to be too many. I guess the regional team that I worked with was nice although they all seemed to be a bit over their heads in the skills they have and the skills they need.

Cons

This company is very "clicky" in that there are two groups. Either you're a long timer and are one of the "boys club" and everyone else. All of the people I talked to in the company tell me how hard it is to break into this click so many people leave after just a year like I did.

Advice to Management

You should employ a feedback mechanism to get the employee's feedback. Then, you should be humble enough to hear us and react to the feedback.