Hershey Entertainment - Play the game and you will go far. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

"Play the game and you will go far."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Hershey, PA

Pros

Well known company, competitive hiring process
Great stepping stone and resume builder
Good employee benefits and perks
Awesome professional development and training options
Variety of events throughout the year employees are able to participate in

Cons

Corporate politics is rampant and cult-like
Expectations are very high..lack of appreciation/reward for those who actually DO exceed expectations
Favoritism/Drama/fakeness prevalent among corporate management
HR management seems to think they are exempt from their own rules
Some managers/directors are willing to do anything to get to the next level (corporate greed/power)

Advice to Management

More progressive thinking
Less fear of diversity
Demonstrate more genuine respect for ALL of your employees
Focus more on ethics/team..not self promotion/$$
Allow those below you to show the talents they possess without feeling threatened and/or feeling the need to suppress them.

Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment

1. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Pros

Free hershey park tickets after working there after a year makes up for some of the poor pay they offer.

Cons

Long work hours with little pay, union protects employees that no longer care about their jobs, and if you work in food you are treated lower then dirt.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they are worth no matter how long they have been with the hotel. reward employees that go above and beyond what there job asks for by giving them a raise.

"Great People, Fun Atmosphere - but... Missing a Key Ingredient"

Former Employee - Creative Services in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Creative Services in Hershey, PA

Pros

Some of the people there were Very wonderful, great sense of humor, talented, top-notch.
    While not all of them were experts (often promoted beyond ability/competency) they were quick to ask questions and seek advice from those around them. This wasn't something fostered by upper management - this was handled as part of the general atmosphere.
    Corporate benifits were top-notch! I had some 'fun' at the local hospital where I recieved a high level of care - only to recieve nominal bills post proceedure.
    The cafeteria was also a great addition - although not a selling point for a new-hire... It helped keep the company small in that people from all departments had a chance to communicate.

Cons

HERCO as a company is middle management heavy. Some of these middle managers are what I would call 'coasters.' Riding along in a position they've made for themselves looking not to make waves or take risks. New ideas from within the groups were well thought out - planned out - but often watered down by management. The work ethic of some of the middle management would be another element I would call into question... Often working short days while not providing feedback on elements awaiting their approval. I also experienced some unprofessional/unethical conduct in my short time there - where I witnessed a director make unprofessional and personally hurtfull comments to one of the people under her. That being said... the CMO was a gem of a person - and made up for the missgivings of those under her... but not enough for me to stay on.

Advice to Management

It's called the sweetest place on earth... and if it were all about the people I would Highly agree. But, watch out for the high level of mid-level-managers, and a few of the directors as they may be quick to turn on you to reach the next rung in the ladder. My advice... Innovate with the way the departments are managed, put more of the Great people on the ground in charge of things... less directors + less management = greater final products!