Hershey Entertainment & Resorts - Sweet place to work depending on where at in the company you are | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts

"Sweet place to work depending on where at in the company you are"

Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA

Pros

GREAT discounts! Such as getting into the park for free, discounts at pretty much anything HERCO related (hotel spa, hotel rooms, dining, entertainment). I even received free concert tickets for showing my ID once. You also get to meet some great people that work and stay there. Hard work is usually recognized once management begins to notice you after a little while.

Cons

In the summer it gets really hectic, especially with little kids running around everywhere. And after the summer, they don't always guarantee you the hours you might want or shifts you can't work (why I stopped working there... they repeatedly scheduled me when they knew I had classes and then told me I had to find someone to work for me and it was my problem)

Advice to Management

I don't know?

Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts

1. "Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Management staff is very smart and experienced; some have been working for HE&R for years and years and know the very ins & outs of hospitality.

Cons

People get moved around departments very quickly without much say in the matter; could go from a position you like to one you don't

Advice to Management

Lay out from the beginning what you wish for from employees so that they will not be blindsided by any decisions those in the higher ups make for them.

2. "Don't get in trouble."

Pros

You meet good friends, free admission to the park and some other parks in he region.

Cons

If you get into trouble, they don't listen to your side of the story, you just get punished and thats the end of it. That sucks and they need to cut that out!!!!!