Hertz - OK | Glassdoor

"OK"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well-known company, if willing to work long hours, can be rewarding, especially with good bonuses. Driven to succeed by others.

Cons

The employee turnover is pretty high, long work hours interfere with work-life balance, low compensation. Sometimes upper management is not receptive to new ideas.

Advice to Management

Newer ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Branch Manager Trainee"

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back, Easy work, Cool People, You get to try driving different cars everyday. Good for entry level.

Cons

Long hours, little pay. Not your typical office job..

Advice to Management

Starting pay is poor. It's basically a retail job but for college graduates...

"It was a Joke"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Driving new cars
    Driving to drop cars off, gave you time to listen to music, be on your phone and relax, take a nap if you were traveling long distance

The location I worked at was relatively slow so I was always playing games on my phone

I only worked there for 6 weeks

Weekends off because I was still a trainee

Closed on Sundays and only open a few hours on Saturday

Really good paid/closed holidays(Closed most holidays)

Cons

The pay. This was my first job out of college. They paid me 10 dollars an hour! A college graduate!

They promised bonuses which I got but it was only 12 dollars which increased my pay by 1 cent an hour..

The office was really disgusting. Why will people pay good money for a rental car if the office where you rent it from looks like a shady business building with missing ceiling tiles, dirty wall, dirty carpet, and overall gross appearance.

They tried really hard to make my position legitimate because I had a degree but the customer service rep that was supposedly under me ( because he did not have a degree) was making 10 dollars as well...

Cleaning the cars in the115 degree Oklahoma heat and sweating in your dressy clothes.

I felt like I was wasting my life every second I worked there.

Recent college grads, its not worth it. I know time are hard and there are really no jobs, but you will be better off working somewhere else. For 10 bucks an hour, just work at Walmart.

Advice to Management

Pay better. Its really degrading to college graduates to get such little pay. If you paid better people would stay and maybe your company would be taken more seriously.