Hertz - Overworked under appreciated | Glassdoor

"Overworked under appreciated"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie and if you are at the right store you can bonus upward of 15K quarterly.

Cons

Perpetually understaffed so Branch Managers will often work 60 hours per week which can be frustrating when your store is not bonusing or you are cutting staffs hours to meet OT goals. HIGH emphasis on sales with sometimes unrealistic goals-- can lead to some shady practices

Advice to Management

Cutting corners to save money short term will cause some of the best managers to leave

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"HLE Branch Manager 3/ Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse"

Former Employee - HLE Branch Manager III/Airport LM3/Project Lighthouse in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The car an gas is a nice perk for managers. As well as the amount of time off give. Sales agents/ CSR's can make very good money if at a high volume location- 100k plus. If I were to go back to work for them I would go that route rather than management. I will say that Hertz does have the best employees, vehicles and policies addressing safety and maintenance of their fleet of cars. I will always be a customer.

Cons

Low pay, long hours! After 8 years of management and consistently moving up I was only making an avg of 45k. Hard to move up the ladder, you have to know the right people, must be willing to move to really be promoted and make decent money. On average if in mgmt you will work 10 - 12 hours days 5 days a week, especially once you are a manager. The worst thing is that they continually fire mangers that have been at the company for a long time 15 years plus. These are the mangers who have devoted their lives to Hertz and then without the blink of an eye they fire them for bogus issues. I have seen this happen over and over to good mangers! Don't waste your time working here if you have a degree, go somewhere else you will be better off. The "perks" are not worth the hassle . I got a new job with a future, with a better staring salary than I ever did with Hertz.

Advice to Management

Follow your own acronyms. Make goals SMART... You would have a more success company if salaries were competitive. Successful dedicated managers like myself might stick around. Mark Frissora is an intelligent, charismatic, businessman who knows what he is doing the company has had a lot of positive changes but I don't think he truly knows what is going on at the lower levels.

"First 10 years, very good. Recently, very,very bad"

Current Employee - Location Manager II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Location Manager II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of vacation time, but work so many hours that it's not a good trade off

Cons

80+ hours/week, no support from management. Not enough fleet, not enough staff, impossible goals

Advice to Management

Listen to line managers.