Hertz - Don't go there if you can't sell | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Don't go there if you can't sell"

Pros

- benefits are decent
-driving around in a different cars

Cons

The only thing that makes me happy after two years with Hertz is I will be leaving soon. Can't stand it anymore. Wash cars in your professional clothes? no, thank you! Working from 7:30 until 6? no, thank you! Being pushy trying to sell stuff only to keep your job? Go find somebody else. The new employees who were hired 5-6 months ago already gone! They fired lots of people, good people, who knew their job just because they didn't meet their 'minimum sales standarts". Gross. I agree with every bad review below.
I have to say about bodyshops the emploees are working with. They will be discriminating you, they humiliate you! But even if you tell HR about your concerns all they say will be "this is the biggest account in the area, we have to provide great customer service to their clients" That's it. Done

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Laid off within the year!"

Former Employee - Accelerated Operations Leadership Program Or AMDP
    Former Employee - Accelerated Operations Leadership Program Or AMDP

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rotate through program and meet many people in different divisions. Also company car privleges (meaning you can take a different dirty car home every night). Salary is pretty good for car rental and you will be making much more than managers who have been there for 15+ years which is nice, but keep that quiet and read on!

Cons

The position is known both as the Accelerated Operations Leadership Program and Advanced Management Development Program and it has zero structure. As a participant I rotated through departments including customer service and operations at the airport, off-airport, and as support at the corporate office. Senior managers had really no idea what to do with me or any respect for my skills. I learned a lot by jumping in and doing. After almost reaching the one year mark I was laid off unexpectedly. HR made it very clear that it was simply a financial decision and not to take it personally. I was told that this training program was discretionary and my salary had to go. Overall I believe that I was a victim of having a relatively high salary for car rental and being in a training role. Now I feel like I did all that work for nothing and have a short term stain on my resume. Be aware that if you take this job a layoff could happen if there is a rough quarter or the region wants to trim a quick 65K off the books.

Advice to Management

There is a lack of leadership potential in the pipeline at Hertz especially off-airport. I experienced that first hand. I could see how this program would help Hertz with a quick infusion of talent if it is supported.

"Its ok place to start"

Pros

Good starting place for sells.

Cons

Long hours low pay. But ok when young