Hertz - Run for your life! | Glassdoor

"Run for your life!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of co-workers, decent benefits, and great learning opportunities/training.

Cons

In my experience I saw upper management treat subordinates like slaves and workhorses, no work/life balance, upper management doesn't talk to you --more like at you. Expect to work really long hours and be thrown under the bus. They have a way to make you feel incompetent even though you've poured so much energy into your projects. The company is so huge it feels like there are too many cooks in the kitchen and things getting lost. Things move at a snails pace.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Create a healthy work/life balance. Better pay commensurate with performance and experience. If you do all three of these things you will see less turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Overall a great place to start and advance a career."

Former Employee - Area Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great benefit package for management which includes the use of company vehicles. If you are willing to work hard and are goal driven, rapid career advancement is available. Many opportunities to relocate world-wide.

Cons

When the economy get tough, they are very quick to reduce jobs (however, in all fairness - what company doesn't). Pay sometimes does not equal job performance.

Advice to Management

Just don't forget the employees that give all they have to make locations and overall the company a success.

"Don't go there if you can't sell"

Pros

- benefits are decent
    -driving around in a different cars

Cons

The only thing that makes me happy after two years with Hertz is I will be leaving soon. Can't stand it anymore. Wash cars in your professional clothes? no, thank you! Working from 7:30 until 6? no, thank you! Being pushy trying to sell stuff only to keep your job? Go find somebody else. The new employees who were hired 5-6 months ago already gone! They fired lots of people, good people, who knew their job just because they didn't meet their 'minimum sales standarts". Gross. I agree with every bad review below.
    I have to say about bodyshops the emploees are working with. They will be discriminating you, they humiliate you! But even if you tell HR about your concerns all they say will be "this is the biggest account in the area, we have to provide great customer service to their clients" That's it. Done