Hertz - Opportunity Galore | Glassdoor

"Opportunity Galore"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New Jersey (Trinidad and Tobago)
Current Employee - Operations Manager in New Jersey (Trinidad and Tobago)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of opportunity within the organization. The company is expanding in all markets while continuing to be extremely innovative. As a Manager in operations you receive a free car and free gas anywhere in the United States.

Cons

Starting pay is low, but within my years at Hertz I have tripled my salary from my initial position.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with all initiatives.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very stable company to work for with lots of opportunity to move up or around in the company. Hertz is very innovative with technology to create many modern conveniences for our customers. Happy customers = more work for us, which is a good thing!

Cons

I only have good things to say about Hertz.

Advice to Management

Micro manager's habits will decrease employee morale and productivity. I used to report to a micro manager years ago, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. However, I've moved up through the company over the years and feel so grateful to have supportive bosses since then. I love it when my supervisor trusts that I work hard without having to overlook my shoulders constantly. It is truly helpful and goes a long ways when supervisors take time and effort to build talent, encourage improvement where necessary, and show respect to create a positive work environment.

2. "Progressive mobility solution provider who listens and acts upon customer needs"

Current Employee - Director in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Progressive - never afraid to change
    * Open minded - no idea is a bad idea, infact we reward people for succesful new ideas
    * Great people - to deliver change and great customer experiences, you need great people. That's what we've got!

Cons

* We like change a bit too much!
    * Remember - we rent cars - it's not rocket science - sometimes we can "over engineer" processes in the pursuit of perfection - let's keep it simple
    * Company car scheme - being "asset light" does not always mean "employer of choice"

Advice to Management

* Keep listening and acting upon customer and employee feedback
    * Stop restructuring and let the business focus on deliverying a great service to customers
    * Take a longer view on decisions