Hertz - Happy @ Hertz | Glassdoor

"Happy @ Hertz"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Johnston, RI
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Johnston, RI

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very enjoyable place to work

Cons

Have not foud anyMore hands on training

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Stay Away from Rent2Buy and Car Sales unless You Speak Spanish or Like Pointless Meetings"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Park Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Park Ridge, NJ

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Looks good on my resume!
    A few nice co-workers
    Somewhat nice facility

Cons

Rude and demeaning managers who barely have a grasp on the English language. Employees get blamed when "management" drops the ball. Absolutely no communication within the departments except when it comes to pointless daily meetings that take away from employee productivity. The pay is extremely low with very little work life balance. The food is less than stellar with no microwaves on site and the nearest fast food joints are almost twenty minutes away making it hard to save money on food.

The HR department is one of the WORST I've seen! They turned a blind eye to employee complaints that would have cause them problems with the EEOC. The IT department consists of three people and they take a month to resolve your issues. The dress code walks a fine line of looking like an episode of Jersey Shore.

Advice to Management

Stop terminating employees because of the incompetence of your managers. Learn to treat your employees fairly and get rid of the dead weight in some of your departments, i.e.
    directors. Communicate more and cease the pointless daily meetings that take away from employees' work day and productivity. Once you stop with the finger pointing, you may have a chance of having a decent organization.

2. "Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Location Manager I in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Location Manager I in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Willing to change, alsways onething new and exciting. Company is always communicating to its managers and looking for new ideas

Cons

Tough, competitive industry that can be difficult and demanding for the people who work in it. Company can be strit for people who do not perform well

Advice to Management

More consistant on stopping and starting spending. Make a budget ans stick to it