Hertz - I have worked at Hertz Equipment for 19 years and overall it has been a very rewarding experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"I have worked at Hertz Equipment for 19 years and overall it has been a very rewarding experience"

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement
Career Development
Team Building
Overall P/L and finacial responsibilities
Transparency and forward thinking

Cons

Some advancement requires relocation
Limited staffing in some areas
Long hours

Advice to Management

Continue with engaging the employees and listening on how to improve the corporation. Also stay focused on a couple key strategies until completed. Overall, a great company to work for with plenty to offer.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Hertz is a very good employer"

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been very supportive of me and my career. I have continued to have great mentors, who help me improve and succeed. The company continues to make great efforts to communicate its strategy with all parts of the organization, provides us with education and skills to continually improve our processes and the quality of our services to our customers. We are laser focused on employee and customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.

Cons

Nothing negative at this time, but I would say that the company should never stop having a very long-term approach to our business strategy and try to avoid the knee-jerk reactions that Wall Street sometimes expects.

Advice to Management

Keep staying focused on the long term health and strength of the company

"Could be worse, could be better"

I worked at Hertz full-time

Pros

Close relationships with co-workers was the best part, I was fortunate to have a good working relationship with most people I encountered.

Cons

Lack of honest communication, too many changes without real explanation. Those in hourly positions often felt out of the loop and disposable. Often heard comments from others about "Mark and his buddies in Park Ridge" and the benefits they had as compared to those in OKC and elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Make ALL employees feel appreciated and not just those in Park Ridge. Increase wages when you increase workload. Demanding more work without compensation sours employees against the company very quickly.