Hertz - Lots of Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Area Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is expanding and offering many oppertunities for employement and advancement at all levels. Senior management has developed a strong business plan to carry the company into the future and keep Hertz positioned as the industry leader.

Cons

Can be challenging at times with long hours. Also, nobody likes cleaning cars but it is the company's product and part of the job so has to be done

Advice to Management

Like many large corporations messages get lost as they filter through multiple levels of management, so the less steps in the communication the clearer and more effective it becomes for front line employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Great Place to Work for if you're looking for a career and not just a wekly paycheck"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hertz really invests time to get you promoted. If you don't move up in this company, it's no one's fault but your own

Cons

none that I haven't been able to overcome with the training Hertz has provided me

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction you are. Employees that have been here for a while see that we are moving in the right direction and know that we are a stronger company than we were years ago.

"Cool job perks but unrealistic sales goals"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drive different cars, fairly consistent work schedule, great way to make professional contacts in other companies and industries.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals, can't move up without making sales numbers, Management out of touch with reality, No flexibility for employees with families (ie. kid gets sick + leaving early to deal with it = write up)

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when it comes to major problems between employees within an office, don't blow smoke to satisfy an employees concerns, have people with actual experience teaching others how to be successful. There is no such thing as a "guaranteed way to win" without fraud.