Hertz - Good place to start a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Good place to start a career"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Boston, MA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about business and time management. Dealt with customers and able to drive a lot.

Cons

Long Hours were normal. Lots of pressure on hitting sales goals. No much flexibility on vacation because of minimum staffing.

Advice to Management

Shorten hours and less sales pressure.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Job has potential, but depends on upper management."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make money. Each day is different and fast paced. Lots of variety and spontaneity. Lots of interaction with customers and different people.

Cons

Management in my region doesn't set you up for success. Bonuses are difficult to meet. Lots of interoffice politics. Promotions not given to worthy employees.

Advice to Management

Providing employees with the tools to succeed with benefit everyone.

"Fabricated Reviews by Upper Management - Hertz is a structured mess"

Former Employee - Manager Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although there’s not much positive to say as it relates the corporate culture of the company, at minimum I have developed coping skills that will allow me to function in extreme work environments; in short, Hertz has prepared me for the absolute worst! Also, this employment experience has served as a great resume' builder when applying for other jobs.

Cons

Operating the business with limited to no resources, poorly maintained vehicles, understaffed locations, outdated systems, unreasonable goals, and aggressive customers are the norm within the daily work environment of the typical Hertz location. Also, I am not completely sure as to how new hires are required to possess a college degree to become a “manager trainee” but yet and still many Branch Managers and Area Managers don’t possess these minimum qualifications! The corporate culture of this company is absolutely terrible at the both the branch and corporate levels.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing your employees to saturate Glass door with false reviews in a desperate attempt to improve the company's profile; invest your time by going into your locations and begin to make improvements as it relates to operation of the business.