Hertz - Work hard and move up quickly within the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Work hard and move up quickly within the company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Huntington, WV
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are great. Pay is good with bonuses as incentive. Benefits are great. It's nice to drive a variety of vehicles. Hard work does pay off as far as being able to move up within the company. Management gets a Hertz vehicle to drive.

Cons

Goals are sometimes unattainable leaving employees feeling down and on edge. The job can be frustrating sometimes because nothing seems to be straight-forward. There are a dozen different senarios for each customer, all with different answers.

Advice to Management

Each area is different (population/demographics/income), so therefore the goals for each area should be different.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Challenging, Fast Paced, Rewarding"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Park Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are someone who likes change, thrives on challenges, wants to keep learning, is accountable and passionate about his work and has upward mobility, this is the place for you

Cons

The pace is incredibly fast and not everyone can survive. If you are simply looking for a 9-5 job, keep on looking.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees amnd customers. Like the collaborative transparent culture you are buiding.

"Job Hunters Beware.... Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee
    Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job but not a good one. Initially, it sounded really great but reality was not as it was portrayed. There was high turnover so that should have been my first clue and the fact they are always hiring.

Cons

Lots of hours, low pay, zero appreciation and it is tough to look at yourself in the mirror. I personally saw customers overcharged who came back to get it straight and they fought for months trying to get their money back. I knew they were right but the company didn't care and many I am sure never got their money back. I was uncomfortable with this as I felt bad for the customers as times are tough right now in this economy. They also could care less about your health or family/ work life balance. Management is often not available and slacks off letting the other workers do everything. If you have questions you are on your own and the Area Manager is even worse.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fabricated reviews. I was encouraged to write a false review prior to them knowing I was leaving this company. It is a lie and you know it. Treat your employees well and you won't have to trump up fake reviews to make yourself look good. Unbelievable!