Hertz - Only way to go from here is UP!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Only way to go from here is UP!!!!!"

Current Employee - Software OAP Project Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Software OAP Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hertz is a company that invest in their people. It all starts with wanting more for yourself. I broke my contract teaching to work for Hertz, but I had already did my research on this company. I went to school for Engineering and could see myself with a career that I would be most excited about. When I interviewed I had told my hiring manager that I did not want to stay in the branch. I knew I would want to venture off into the corporate side. Well opportunity presented itself and I went at it like my life depended on it. I'll like to announce that 7 months later I'm part of the corporate team utilizing my engineering skills.

Cons

Everyone wants to be where you are, you have to show yourself approved and ROCK IT!!!! People will not understand your grind because God didn't give it to them.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out the HUNGRY!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Amazing opportunities for those with the drive and determination to succeed."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to get promoted based on achievements rather than time spent with company. Fantastic perk of a company car at the Branch Manager level which can be achieved after only 90 days of employment. Abundance of training in all areas of business management.

Cons

There are none. First class company with management support and training.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for a higher percentage of the market share through new stores and recruiting as well as updating store layouts of older stores. Other companies have polos and we wear suits or at least shirts and ties, therefore we look the best so should our storefront.

"You only get what you put in"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the largest misconceptions people have with a company of our size that it is hard to move up and get promoted. That is incorrect, I was given the correct path, tools and support to move up fast. It was then up to me to provide positive results and go after my goals. I have been with Hertz a little over one year and was promoted within 6 months to Branch Manager.

Cons

Long hours, but what service industry is not open long hours...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing. Keep expanding and opening more stores. Lets take over this market!