Hertz - Hertz from a CSR viewpoint | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Hertz from a CSR viewpoint"

Current Employee - Counter Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Counter Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good job security, lot of people at my location have been here several years. The money is very good, good benefits.

Cons

Hertz is very short staffed. The hours are long, and the work is not easy. There needs to be more people hired.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be in touch with the people on the front lines. Get to know some
of your front line workers. Learn what works in the real world, not just what is on paper.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Flex Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Flex Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Managers are there to assist when needed. The management seems to care about the employee's work environment. An employee is provided the tools through online classes and instructor led classes to enable them to make good incentive pay. There is opportunity to make advancement. There are many rewards given to employees for a job well done.

Cons

Until recently, the staffing seems to have been a problem. Too much overtime. Much improvement has been made in this aspect.

"Living the Dream!"

Current Employee - Location Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Location Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the culture of Hertz. It is a very fast paced, competive industry. Every day is a learning experience. Never a dull moment. There is much room for growth as the company is expanding rapidly. 4 Years ago I was laid off from my previous employer and was desperate for a job. I was offered a job with Hertz. I thought I would just be renting cars for a few months until something else came along. What I hadn't realized is that hertz is a career. I am now a Location manager and only moving up from here. Running your own location is like running your own business. You are responsible for growing your business and developing your staff. And the perks arent too shabby either.

Cons

Long hours. Definitely over 40 a week. But the plus side to that is OVERTIME!