Hertz - Job Hunters Beware.... Keep Looking | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Job Hunters Beware.... Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee
Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job but not a good one. Initially, it sounded really great but reality was not as it was portrayed. There was high turnover so that should have been my first clue and the fact they are always hiring.

Cons

Lots of hours, low pay, zero appreciation and it is tough to look at yourself in the mirror. I personally saw customers overcharged who came back to get it straight and they fought for months trying to get their money back. I knew they were right but the company didn't care and many I am sure never got their money back. I was uncomfortable with this as I felt bad for the customers as times are tough right now in this economy. They also could care less about your health or family/ work life balance. Management is often not available and slacks off letting the other workers do everything. If you have questions you are on your own and the Area Manager is even worse.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fabricated reviews. I was encouraged to write a false review prior to them knowing I was leaving this company. It is a lie and you know it. Treat your employees well and you won't have to trump up fake reviews to make yourself look good. Unbelievable!

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Working at Hertz"

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People,car insurance perks, flexibility, and ability to move up quickly

Cons

Long days and aggressive goals

"They Expect The Impossible"

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There aren't any in this company

Cons

Too many hours. Not enough cars. Not enough staff. Unrealistic goals with what you are given to work with.

Advice to Management

Don't expect to have high utilization without customer service suffering for it. It's all about the money. They could care less about the employees & the customers. You can't spend any money after the middle of October. You would think the company was bankrupt. They are going to program all copiers to copy on both side of the pages they are so cheap. If you do not use scripted dialogue you will be fired. Could be a very good company if they let managers actually run their locations and make management decisions. They have higher ups that do all that and then they leave the field to deal with the mess they create.