Hertz - You can get out what you put in. Often times what you get out is not what is fair. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"You can get out what you put in. Often times what you get out is not what is fair."

Current Employee - Location Manager II in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Location Manager II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stepping stone entry level. Opportunities to learn management skills. Bonus can be rewarding sometimes. Resume builder.

Cons

Long hours are expected at all levels. Upper management lacks people and management skills required to operate a successful business. Employee development needs to be improved. Company focus is too one dimensional. Financials can magically change with zero explanation or accountability from corporate level (typically costing the lower level employees money). Employee moral as a whole is typically not high. Do not join Hertz with long term ambitions.

Advice to Management

Really need to get back to the basics which has allowed Hertz to turn into an industry leader. We have too many people in upper management who fall short of expectations of those who work for them. We say we offer a competitive compensation plan but every year it seems to be less competitive and more lack luster. It is hard to keep employees happy when you are pushing them to the limit and do not really care about their well being. Hertz has an everyone is replaceable attitude and I have seen many great employees leave. Only to have upper management say how terrible they were when it wasn't the case. Employees who leave shouldn't be bad mouthed if they find a better job for them. However it happens everyday at Hertz. No one in this company is accountable for their actions and pawn it off elsewhere. It's sad the direction the company is going in. We even have corporate level leaders abandoning ship after lying to shareholders. Heck our shareholders are even suing the company. No wonder why Enterprise is performing better than us. Especially when they even pay their Location managers $12k on average higher base pay then managers at Hertz. Your going to lose a lot of people unless you improve the corporate structure and company moral.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Good learning experience but awful company to work for"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Boston, MA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on resume for experience. That's about it.

Cons

poor pay, they don't pay you fairly, they try to cut overtime often, they try to take away your bonuses. They definitely do not care about the employees and will do anything they can to make money and to cut your income.

Advice to Management

care for your employees!

2. "Hertz Review"

Current Employee - Manager Associate in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Manager Associate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits/Possibilities of Moving up

Cons

They put to much pressure on selling/ cleaning cars/ stressful

Advice to Management

Share equal work with staff