Hertz - Hertz is a pretty good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Hertz is a pretty good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I have been with Hertz for a long time and find they are a good company. We have all seen the hard times the entire country is going through and have to understand that Hertz is no different than any other company when it comes to meeting a bottom line. We all wish none of our fellow workers had to be let go but the way it was done by seniority was really the only way to handle it. I feel as though I have always been treated fairly and that as long as you do your job they give you the respect you deserve. I'm lucky in that my direct manager is a real decent human being and always works with his people to do the right thing.

Cons

I can honestly say I don't have a down side to my working at Hertz. I guess like everyone else I would love to make more money, and hopefully when times get better I will.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the managers in other areas are similar to mine here in Oklahoma City. If not they should try to emulate his actions and consider the employees well being along with Hertz as a company. In doing so the workforce will produce better.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Hertz Rent a Car - a Leaner, Meaner, Greener Corporate Machine"

Current Employee - One Call Does IT All - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - One Call Does IT All - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Open communication with upper management. Willingness to listen to suggestions and concerns about the job. Freedom to work without being "watched over your shoulder" by management. Company vehicle, gas and insurance is a stupendous perk. Vacation days out the wazoo. Exposed to all kinds of savings for personal vacations. Healthcare coverage is good.

Cons

Could use more administrative help. Sales compensation plan rolled out last year was created for sales reps to better understand how their bonus was calculated. Still a little confusing. But on the plus side, the payout of the quarterly bonuses has become predictable.

Advice to Management

Here's the deal, nobody really welcomes change with two open arms. Whether it's toothpaste, toilet paper or corporate culture. This holds true at the goliah known as Hertz Rent a Car. Approximately, 3 years ago we got a double dose of change. And the changes kept coming pretty steady about every 6 months. Not really sure executive management knew just how the changes impacted the day-to-day employee.

That all seems to be behind us now. Yeah! And in hindsight, made Hertz Rent a Car a more profitable, lean operating corporate machine. Okay, a thank-you to Mark Frissora; CEO for accomplishing this. He truly had one of the most unenviable jobs on the planet during the economic downturn.

Two bits of advice: First, instead of the multiple choice Employee Pulse Survey; how about offering a question and answer type survey. The answers on the multiple choice survey really do not let you answer in detail how you feel.

And secondly, we could use more administrative help!!! After working your territory all week, there is always administrative work to be done. It's just a by-product of the job. Would be absolutely great if there was someone to help out with this.

"I'm not looking for another job or employer ..."

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Excellent upper management with real open doors - moving Hertz into the 21st century
    Freedom to express opinions without fear of retaliation
    Treated as a valued employee by immediate management
    Good salary & insurance
    Car privileges, gas & insurance
    Great vacation time
    Benefits that were cut during down time were reinstated in short, possibly record, time
    Immedidate mgmt that places trust & confidence in you & doesn't micro-manage

Cons

New bonus structure that is ridiculously complicated to understand and/or achieve
    Lots of plates to spin without adequate administrative assistance

Advice to Management

You've heard the term "I married up" ... it's time Hertz started "hiring up". Open up the pocket book & get the best instead of the castoffs of Enterprise & other below par car rental companies. Reward excellence handsomely and continue to hand boxes to the complainers, whiners & below average performers!