Hertz - Hertz in Oklahoma City | Glassdoor

"Hertz in Oklahoma City"

Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Substaintial discounts on Ford vehicles through the A plan since Ford owns most Hertz.

Cons

Management always hassles the hourly employees. They look for reasons to fire people. As a manager I could no longer tolerate working there and treating people in such a manner. Most high-level managers are people who move up through the ranks by whatever means necessary. They discriminate against people for medical, racial and other reasons. Most wasted two years of my life. I was warned by former employees not to accept employment at Hertz, I didn't listen. Funny how you only meet people that have worked there up to three years or more than twenty. Not many in between. Once you turn in you resignation they find a reason to terminate you and not pay you for the two weeks notice.

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees like a valuable asset. Hire managers that know how to manage.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Terrible Employer"

Former Employee - Location Manager I in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Location Manager I in Rochester, NY

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are hourly you will get plenty of overtime, even if you don't want it. Standard days are 10 hours, but usually more due to under staffing.

Cons

The company is run by a bunch of idiots. They institute policies that cripple business, and the front line employees have to circumvent the policies to anything done. With the most recent buyout of another car rental business, they laid off the old big wig idiots who knew a little about Hertz, and now we have new big wig idiots who know their car rental company, and nothing of Hertz.

Be careful when they talk about bonus potential, because they will change the criteria on a dime to ensure you miss goals. Forget about going to human resources, they are worthless as well. Any time they were called to help with employee issues or staffing problems, it would take an act of God to get them to call you back. Couple that with a new city manager who provided zero help to problems, and instead would give you "atta boys" and "it will get betters", it's amazing these idiots can function in society.

I would avoid this company like the plague. If you read this review and still want to work at Hertz, than you are an idiot too, and will fit right in.

Advice to Management

Stop doing pulse surveys, you are wasting time and money when you gather employee data and ignore it. Cutting overtime in the 4th quarter to pad your year end is stupid as well, you just put added stress on the line workers. Try staffing appropriately instead. Idiots!

"Slow to get anything done"

Former Employee - Analyst in Park Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Park Ridge, NJ

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get 40% discount on rentals.

Cons

Poor management
    Slow to get any kind of authorization
    Managers just point fingers and say do it with no instruction

Advice to Management

Take time to properly train. Its understandable that the company is going through a big change but new employees shouldnt be just dumped into a position expecting how to do things.