Hertz - Great Company...bad HR! | Glassdoor

"Great Company...bad HR!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a laundry list of great things about Hertz, the pay, the people, the work environment and the opportunities. I've never seen a corporate setting so open, laid back and focused on results rather than stale notions. Management is flexible, but holds you accountable to your responsibilities.

Cons

Not many but HR is one! The lack of cohesion in the information you get or total lack of an ability to actually get information is troubling. I've worked for businesses small and large and have never seen such disfunction in an HR department. You call the 800 # and get a different answer everytime. One rep says NO, call back and another says sure! Your "contact" person either doesn't respond or takes forever to do so.

Advice to Management

Fix the HR and benefits process! Every new hire should know when they're getting paid, how much, what their benefits are, when they start, etc. It should be laid out and given during the 1st week if not the 1st day. I believe its changing, but 401K should be open as of day 1. It's not a deal breaker, but a major heartburn to waste time chasing answers.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"no longer with company"

Former Employee - Senior Account Control Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Account Control Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

was good to work for

Cons

stress level high, nothing to resolve the problem , without people company fails.

Advice to Management

show more about employee life that dollar amounts.

"Hertz Car Sales is where its at!"

Current Employee - Car Sales Representative in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Car Sales Representative in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good cars, many with warranty. Selling used cars can be a nightmare but our cars stand up and that offers peace of mind. Decent benefits, great hours, guaranteed hourly that's not a draw. Flat on every car sold. 2 to 4 sales people. 40% off car rentals. If you want to sell cars, and if you can get a sweet location.... you want this job.

Cons

Poor marketing of the product (Car sales). Not a big picture company . Lacks innovation and technology... Top down mentality so reactions to non blueprint issues are slow.

Advice to Management

With regards to car sales, I think they're headed in the right direction. Sometime painfully slow.