Hertz - Location Manager | Glassdoor

"Location Manager"

Former Employee - Location Manager I in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Location Manager I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hertz full-time

Pros

Recent graduates can get their foot in the door and gain some management experiance.

Cons

Upper management regularly oversells reservations, will not allow us to be properly staffed, turning a blind eye to fraud and theft, regularly worked a minimum of 12 hours a day, low pay, very low bonuses. I could go on but lets just say they have contempt for the customer and no respect for front line managers or employees.

Advice to Management

Get back to customer service, not even caring enough about the customer to hire someone to answer the phones is pretty sad. Treat the employees and L1's well rather than having revolving management who quit out of frustration.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to run your own ship

Cons

Not enough structure with the company. Tend to promote managers based on internal politics, not achievement or performance. Also can't decide on bonus structure as it changes frequently! GM/AMs tend to be uneducated by the company policies and procedures and will argue to death they are right even when you provide the evidence they are in accurate!

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep your internal politics out of your decisions on promotions! Those in my experience who were promoted ended up STEALING from the COMPANY right under their nose! And those who's performance demonstrated their growth and eligibility for promotion were often skipped over! Poor example for on coming staff! Not to mention retention is extremely poor due to lack of positive management, heavy work loads without training and low paying entry level positions.

"Hertz in Oklahoma City"

Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Substaintial discounts on Ford vehicles through the A plan since Ford owns most Hertz.

Cons

Management always hassles the hourly employees. They look for reasons to fire people. As a manager I could no longer tolerate working there and treating people in such a manner. Most high-level managers are people who move up through the ranks by whatever means necessary. They discriminate against people for medical, racial and other reasons. Most wasted two years of my life. I was warned by former employees not to accept employment at Hertz, I didn't listen. Funny how you only meet people that have worked there up to three years or more than twenty. Not many in between. Once you turn in you resignation they find a reason to terminate you and not pay you for the two weeks notice.

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees like a valuable asset. Hire managers that know how to manage.