Hertz - Great work environment | Glassdoor

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL
Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family environment; No one succeeds when you fail, so everyone's goal is to raise each other up. As a counter representative, I've had constant access to not only my branch manager but also the area and general managers.

Tons of mobility; So long as you work hard and do your job, you WILL get promoted within a year. In many cases, people reach branch manager within two and area manager within five. This job is built to move upwards.

Full accountability; This doesn't sound great, but let me put it like this: Your name is on everything you do. Every deal and transaction. No one ever gets to take credit for your hard work. Most of the time, you will find yourself running a branch after a few months, and that isn't a moment of defeat. Instead, it gives you the opportunity to shine.

Cons

Pay; The pay is good, not great. However, there is a fantastic bonus structure that more than makes up for it. This is partially a sales job, and as so the hourly wage is great.

Long hours; A lot of time, you're working open to close, skipping lunches. It can be difficult and draining (Overtime pay is nice, though).

The customers can occasionally be a headache to deal with. There's always someone to rely on when you're over your head, though.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "An ongoing experience that is sure to build into a lifetime commitment and journey."

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Freeport, NY
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Freeport, NY

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I like best is that it is a fast paced environment that allows you to learn and grow in multiple types of situations. It keeps you on your toes and its a great way to meet people like yourself who may value the same things as you. Also a very competitive company

Cons

Although there are long hours, it allows you to learn more a lot quicker. Being that it is fast paced there may be a challenging aspect in that everything can be happening at one time. But on the other hand, if nothing was happening, then what type of business are you running?

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and striving for better with the Hertz Corporation

2. "In one word, Mobility"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You would be surpised how much money you can make working for hertz, first off the commision and bonus structure for an off airport location allows everyone to dictate how much money they can make. Its very sales intensive and there is a lot of room for growth within the company. I started with hertz through a temp agency and now I'm on my way to running my own location

Cons

When you first start its rough, you clean a lot of cars, Long hours ( which can also be a pro). It's customer service intensive so obviously some customers are easier to deal with than others.

Advice to Management

Re-Name the company after me