Hertz - Poor work/life balance. Short sighted management. Management plays favorites and has hidden agendas | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"Poor work/life balance. Short sighted management. Management plays favorites and has hidden agendas"

Current Employee - Manager in Naples, FL
Current Employee - Manager in Naples, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to train and then try to leave.

Cons

Management sits behind closed doors and does not know how to train employees.

Advice to Management

hire senior managers who have experience in other companies and are good leaders. Too many long term employees who have moved up and have no clue how to manage. Relocation was poorly planned.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "Great company to work for that is Hertz"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hertz overall is a Great company to work for. They are all over and globally. The sky is the limit for an individual. Good Operations. Meet new people everyday.

Cons

The fleet currently, no cars around. Hopefully the opportunity for myself will be there very soon to the next level Area Manager. We do need to open more branches around for opportunities for others as well.

Advice to Management

Have the off airport locations with lower mileage cars, we hear it from customers that they are being put in high mileage cars and we hear that across. Hopefully that gets fixed very soon.

2. "Great place to learn and grow your career"

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

Hertz is a dynamic company to work for as the market share for rental cars is always changing. There is constant opportunity to grow and learn, if you take them. The potential to make great bonuses is always on the table. The people that I've met will honestly be friends for life. You only get out what you put in, so if you're willing to come in and grind and work, you will always be rewarded. The company car with free gas isn't too shabby either once you get promoted to a location manager. Upper management is almost always available if it is necessary to contact them. Also offers great time off packages as well as sick time.

Cons

Very few cons, 10.5 hour days do make for a long week, but it's constantly changing. so it breaks the day up.