Hertz - They will destroy your spirit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

"They will destroy your spirit"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you can make bonuses happen. Plenty of hours to work. Always something to do.

Cons

They will bleed your spirit dry. Poor management structure. Poor treatment of branch managers. Unrealistic expectations. Punishment classes at 6am on Saturdays if sales goals are not met. Time wasting conference calls. Never given the right tools or cars to take care of our customer needs. They will use you.

Advice to Management

Change.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. "OK Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

I worked at Hertz full-time

Pros

Great staff & great work hours, except during month-end.

Cons

Not much room to grow in the finance departments & and pay rates on the lower end.

"Don't care at all about their employees"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a decent company to learn the general aspects of running a business if you're not familiar with them (back office tasks, account management etc).

Cons

Everybody below the area manager level was forced to work almost 60+ hour weeks (10.5 hour days consistently) during season for months on end. We were all so burned out it was ridiculous, but all management cares about is keeping your numbers up. The whole business model is based around keeping barely enough cars around to fill your reservations, and so many days you'll be stressfully scrambling to find any cars in the area. Most other branches are selfish and wont usually help you, and upper management are of no help whatsoever. I would give cars to other branches to help but when I needed help I was told it was due to "poor planning". The company doesn't treat the employees with compassion at all, and because we were so short-staffed it was almost impossible to get days off if you needed them. If I were to have actually used any of my sick days it would have been absolute chaos and I would have severely screwed over any of my few coworkers working that day. I can't believe a corporation this big actually has branches that are run in such a manner, and it seems to be a pretty common theme. They're entirely set up to provide horrible customer service, so it's no wonder consumers are wary of rental car companies tricks and schemes. They love overcharging customers randomly and correcting billing errors takes an eternity and it's essentially stealing money from the customers. When they call to ask what we've done with their money we could only awkwardly apologize and say the company was trying to fix it when really we had no control over Hertz holding onto their money. The company is run like an absolute joke, and I would severely recommend nobody work for them if you want to maintain any sort of sanity or lust for life. A terrible, terrible place to be employed.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Actually offer proper training and don't just say you do. During season, actually give your branches cars to rent to customers. If you want to get numbers up, you need cars to rent. It's really a simple concept.