Hertz - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here. I started as a temp and then was later hired to a full time employee. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Enjoy the complex and you meet someone new everyday.

Cons

When I started there was no training and basically had to figure things out myself, which was a waste of time. Need better training for new hires in their field. Also, the company is moving from Park Ridge to Southwest Florida so if you want to move to warmer weather this would be an excellent opportunity to apply for open positions.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

"Low pay, high stress and no opportunities."

Current Employee - Emergency Roadside Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Emergency Roadside Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HR and Supervisors(TPLs) will work with you on numerous issues, but you have to make sure you have all your paperwork in line. Employees are generally nice and empathetic.

Cons

Low compensation for work required and raises do not keep up with inflation. Mandatory overtime due to bad hiring practices. They will increase your work load without increasing your pay. Benefits and incentives are comically bad. No back-up systems for system outages. Cares more about metrics than customers. Management seems impervious to change. Requires a bachelors to become a supervisor, meaning that merit is not rewarded. Paid Time Off is subject to approval, it can also be cancelled at a whim. Most people quit within in their first 6 months.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees appropriately and they will stay. Stop rewarding seniority and reward merit. Stop adding processes to systems that currently work. Get rid of your CEO and most of your upper management, find some talent to replace them. Make sure that the product works. Stop removing customer and employee incentives. There are so many things that could change, but like I said in the "Cons" section...

2. "Old manager way better"

Current Employee - Managerial in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Managerial in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hertz (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good pay. Good promotion opportunities. And hertz is just the best anyway

Cons

Rate wise other are always cheaper!

Advice to Management

Old VP was given another job. We all miss him and want him back. He was the best !