Hewlett-Packard - Big Brass gets Big Bonus People who do the work get the shaft | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Big Brass gets Big Bonus People who do the work get the shaft"

Current Employee - Call Center IT in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Call Center IT in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great bunch of people to work with.

Cons

HP is moving Tulsa jobs off shore to Costa Rica, as they move forward with this those of us still working for HP in Tulsa are treated like just some one to fill a chair, and they create arbitary numbers to work with. As an example most people calling in have no idea how a computer really works so it takes about 4 min to get the information from the caller to find out what the problem is and they have no idea how to tell us what the computer name is or what the asset tag number is,if they can find it, it takes them about 5 min to find the information, then it takes 6 to 8 min to remote into a computer to find out what the problem really is. We are told my management we need to have the call finished and the costumer satisfied in 8 min. There is no reasonable way to hit that number, it shows management is setting unrealistic goals so at review they can lay people off. And that is exactly what is happening. Then when those people leave they are bringing people in that are being paid just over minimum wage and now about as much about computers as a the people we are helping, and they are being churned out of training only to quit in 6 months and be replaced with someone just like them. Add to that when the roads are undrivable do to ice on the streets management will flat out tell you to come to work or you will not get a raise if you are due one the next employee evaluation for taking a day off with out scheduling it.

Advice to Management

Quit blaming the employees for not make goals when you know they are not achievable.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Hope HP is going up"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and a great company with lots of cool products, engineers, and culeture. Generally good management in ISS and PC division.

Cons

Has lost its vision for the last decade with a bad senior management and a even worst board. Some of the business division lost business and cultural continuity with more than 50% turn over rate such as in storage not very good trend.

Advice to Management

Company strategies are very confusing and loosing employees. Products are still cool.

2. "Avoid at all costs..."

Former Employee - Remote Support Account Advocate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Remote Support Account Advocate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home capabilities and work life balance..

Cons

No opportunities for growth available, management sucks, too many chiefs and not enough indians. Everyone swears they are a manager.... HP is laying off employees left and right.

Advice to Management

Go to hell!