Hewlett-Packard - Disappointing in recent years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Disappointing in recent years"

Current Employee - Anyalyst in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Anyalyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are opportunities within the company and good leaders/accounts.

Cons

In order to get to other opportunities, you have to go through your current leadership who can hinder your ability to find other opportunities. Bad leaders run a slave ship, and any challenge or question results in you being labeled a negative team member, and then they separate you from group, target you, and then make your work life miserable.

Advice to Management

Middle Management is where the issues are. To many layers of persons that are not really required trying to justify their positions. It reminds me of Office Space. I am on a team of four. I have a Team Lead, and two managers. Very ineffective if you ask me.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Ok; though company needs to focus more on innovation; less on quarterly earnings statements"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work/life balance. Employees empowered to make decisions vs. being micro-managed.
    There seems to be a push recently for more innovation; which is good.

Cons

Management direction has changed quite often over past several years. Stick to what we do best. Need to innovate in emerging markets vs. investing $$$ into saturated markets that have limited growth capabilities. With the size of the company, I wonder if management has difficulties staying focused on the future growth businesses vs. managing the businesses that are in shrinking markets. Perhaps best to divest and focus on the higher growth potential markets.

2. "Not a great place for a woman to work"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Providing me an excellent experience working with a global team. There were a few awesome employees who I learned a great deal from and looked forward to seeing.

Cons

Men are chosen over women for exec positions. You hear about big company news through the internet not from your actual company

Advice to Management

Support the younger employees and advance them. Do little things like provide free soda or snacks to boost morale.